Wednesday, December 30, 2009

London Broil with grilled vegetables

Me again (see below)... I also received a grill pan for Christmas so I can grill inside (the hubs does the outside grilling) so here is a recipe for indoor or outdoor grilling.

London Broil

I bought 2 pounds of London Broil (which is usually top round roast, or flank steak, but was labeled London Broil at my market), about 1 1/2 inches thick. I marinated the meat in extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, roasted minced garlic, & rosemary for about 8 hours (you can do it up to 24 hrs). Using my grill pan, I warmed it up to medium heat, & grilled it for about 8 minutes on each side (but it depends on your grill - check between 5-10 minutes per side to see how it's coming along). Let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice it thinly against the grain. The marinade makes the meat taste great!

I also grilled some corn, zucchini & squash. Leave the corn in the husk to grill it. I seasoned the zucchini & squash with seasoning salt. Grill to your liking on medium-high heat (but make sure the corn husk is nicely charred before removing it).

-Court

1 comment:

  1. I got an indoor grill too for Xmas so I will have to try this!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete