Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Curry Beef Rice

I made this recipe tonight & loved it. It was a dutch oven recipe but can be made in any big pot.

Ingredients
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cup chopped apple
1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp beef bouillon
2 Tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)

Directions
Heat dutch oven (or pot) on high.
Add beef & onion & stir until meat is browned.
Drain excess fat.
Add all ingredients except peanuts & heat to boiling, then reduce to simmering.
Simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
Serve & sprinkle peanuts in top, if desired.

My modifications: I used ground deer since we have an abundance of it, & it was really good. I never add onion so I substituted onion powder, & nixed the peanuts. I also bought fire-roasted tomatoes because I like the added flavor. I used a golden delicious apple; I think the flavor of them complement curry well.

-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment